- This recipe provides a way to make no-bake cookies without peanut butter, which is great for those with nut allergies or those who prefer not to use peanut butter.
- Instead of peanut butter, dark chocolate is used as a hardening agent.
- The process involves tossing puffed rice with cocoa powder, boiling milk, butter, and sugar, adding dark chocolate to the mixture, and pouring it over the puffed rice. The mixture is then shaped into cookie rounds and left to firm up.
- This easy and quick recipe offers a delicious alternative to traditional no-bake cookies with peanut butter.
Do you love cookies? What about no bake no peanut butter cookies?
Yes, no bake cookies without peanut butter and without oatmeal!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and it will suit if you, your friend, or family member have a nut allergy, or are not in the ‘nutty’ mood for peanut butter.
How will no bake cookies harden without peanut butter? There’s no secret, I swap peanut butter to dark chocolate. It works great as a hardening agent in no bake recipes. Feel free to use this tip in the other recipes where you don’t want to add peanut butter.
With this no bake cookie recipe without peanut butter recipe, you’ll spend minimum time cooking and could enjoy these sweet treats in 2 hours after preparing.
All you need is to boil together milk, sugar and butter for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in chocolate chunks and let cool. Meanwhile, toss puffed rice with cocoa powder.
When the chocolate mixture is no more hot, pour it over puffed rice and mix well. Form cookie rounds and let them get firm. Enjoy!
No Bake Cookies without Peanut Butter
- 3 cups puffed rice
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 8 tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 oz dark chocolate broken into chunks
- In a large bowl toss puffed rice with cocoa powder and set aside.
- Pour milk into a saucepan, add butter and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When the mixture starts to bubble, cook for 1-1,5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in dark chocolate. Mix well until the mixture becomes smooth and homogeneous. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- When the chocolate mixture is no more hot, pour it over puffed rice and mix well.
- Using 2 spoons, scoop the mixture onto the baking tray. Press the dough with a spoon to form a cookie round.
- Let the cookies sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
What causes no bake cookies not to harden?
No-bake cookies might not harden properly due to factors like inaccurate ingredient measurements, insufficient boiling time for the mixture, or improper cooling. Ensuring accurate measurements and following the recipe’s instructions carefully can help achieve the desired consistency.
Why are my no bake cookies soft?
No-bake cookies can be soft if the mixture didn’t reach the right temperature during boiling or if the proportions of ingredients were not balanced correctly. Ensuring that the mixture boils for the appropriate time and following the recipe precisely can help achieve the desired texture for no-bake cookies.