Do you love cookies? What about no bake no peanut butter cookies?
Yes, no bake cookies without peanut butter and without oatmeal!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and it will suit if you, your friend, or family member have a nut allergy, or are not in the ‘nutty’ mood for peanut butter.
How will no bake cookies harden without peanut butter? There’s no secret, I swap peanut butter to dark chocolate. It works great as a hardening agent in no bake recipes. Feel free to use this tip in the other recipes where you don’t want to add peanut butter.
With this no bake cookie recipe without peanut butter recipe, you’ll spend minimum time cooking and could enjoy these sweet treats in 2 hours after preparing.
All you need is to boil together milk, sugar and butter for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in chocolate chunks and let cool. Meanwhile, toss puffed rice with cocoa powder.
When the chocolate mixture is no more hot, pour it over puffed rice and mix well. Form cookie rounds and let them get firm. Enjoy!
No Bake Cookies without Peanut Butter
- 3 cups puffed rice
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 8 tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 oz dark chocolate broken into chunks
- In a large bowl toss puffed rice with cocoa powder and set aside.
- Pour milk into a saucepan, add butter and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When the mixture starts to bubble, cook for 1-1,5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in dark chocolate. Mix well until the mixture becomes smooth and homogeneous. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- When the chocolate mixture is no more hot, pour it over puffed rice and mix well.
- Using 2 spoons, scoop the mixture onto the baking tray. Press the dough with a spoon to form a cookie round.
- Let the cookies sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to firm.
- Serve and enjoy!