If you are looking for a biscuit recipe without milk then you’re in the right place.
Did you know that you can substitute milk in almost all recipes, even biscuits? You could easily swap milk to almond milk, oat/rice/soya milk or even to water in any of your favorite baking recipes.
Today we are baking dairy free biscuits using water instead of milk. To prepare no milk biscuits, we’ll need flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar, sea salt, canola or sunflower oil and water.
If you want to add some more aroma to your biscuits you could use your favorite dairy free milk instead of water.
First, combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, pour in oil and crumble everything with a fork.
Add in water (or any dairy free milk of your choice) and mix until the dough forms.
Make balls from the obtained dough, flatten them a bit, place on the baking tray and bake.
Your super easy non dairy biscuits are ready in 15 minutes. Let cool before serving and enjoy!
Give our homemade biscuits without milk recipe a try, you’ll love it.
No Milk Biscuits
- 2 cups flour sifted
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup canola or sunflower oil
- ⅔ cup water almond milk/soya milk, etc
- 2 tbsp oil for brushing, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, sea salt and baking powder.
- Pour in oil and crumble with a fork.
- Add in water (or almond milk/soya milk, etc) and mix until the dough forms.
- Using your hands form 9 balls from the obtained dough. Flatten each ball a bit and arrange them on the baking tray.
- Brush with oil (if using) and bake for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits just begin to brown on top.
- Let cool before serving. Enjoy!